The most difficult and yet the most important part of developing your new website is the planning.
Because if you’re not a web designer, then it’s hard to know all the things that you need to take into consideration.
We make sure we ask you all the questions that you need to consider and let you know what is available – and listen. We make sure you get what you want.
What you get
- A website planning tool – This guides you gently through the quagmire of planning your website. We make it easy for you, and at the end you will have a website specification which you can use with any web designer – though of course, we hope you use us. Take me to the planning tool
- Experience & Expertise – The Website Planning Tool asks you the questions that matter – the questions that will make the difference between you getting a site that will sort of do, and one that you really want. We draw on all our expertise – design, coding, functionality etc – to do the work that we love, so you can concentrate on the work you love.
- Help – It can be a bit daunting knowing what is needed to make a good website. We make sure we explain it all the way along. And we take care of all the mind boggling stuff like domains, hosting, dns, servers, mx records and other technical gobbledegook.
- Support – At every point along the way, we support you. Any problems, any questions – we’re at the end of the phone or email to provide you with what you need. Once your site is complete we continue supporting you, so you are not left stranded.
With your new site you will be able to:
- Manage your content – Add your own text, images, videos, links and much more.
- Link to your social media accounts – Visitors can share your posts, stories, images and you can direct them to your Facebook page, Twitter feed, YouTube channel and any other social media accounts. You can pull your tweets onto the home page, add to your Likes, or have comments on your site.
- Futureproof your site – Once built, you can change it, develop it, even rebuild it if you want to. We use the world’s most used CMS (content management system) software which are open source, flexible, easy to use and secure.
- Get what you want from your website – That’s the gist of it. Have the website you always wanted. And it starts here – with the Electroville Website Planning Tool.
We put you in control
We empower you to take complete control of your website. We train you to manage your site, to add content (text, images, links, videos etc) and to develop it as your organisation/company develops.
WordPress or Drupal
We use a content management system (CMS) to do this. Not just any CMS and definitely not a proprietary CMS. We use WordPress or Drupal. These are the world’s largest website content management systems. This means 2 crucial things:
- Firstly you will have complete control of the site and be able to do whatever you want with it. We will train you to do this and provide you with support whenever you need it.
- Secondly, because WordPress and Drupal are so popular, you are not tied to Electroville with your site. There are other developers who can support you and add to your site as and when you may need it. We will provide you with hosting and support for the first year and for as long as you wanted thereafter, but it is your site and you control it.
- Thirdly, we can use an open source database package (civiCRM) to create complex web based databases for those websites that need it.